In my opinion, eggplants are very underrated vegetables. They are so versatile and leave you with endless recipes and of course, a delicious end result.
If you love eggplant, you will love this dish. I’ve got a wonderful recipe to share with you.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1) 1 big size eggplant
2) 1 Med. Chopped onion
3) 2 med.chopped tomatoes
4) 1tsp chopped ginger garlic
5) 1 small green chilli chopped
6) 2-3 tsp oil
7) 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
8) Pinch of asafoetida
9) 1tsp chilli powder
11)1 tsp dry roasted cumin coriander powder
12)1/2 tsp dry mango powder
13)1/2 tsp Garam Masala
14)Salt to taste
- Grease the eggplant with some oil and roast it over an open flame until it is cooked.
- After roasting it, cover it for a while to allow it to cool down and then remove the skin.
- Mash the eggplant.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add 1/2 tsp of Cummin seeds and a pinch of asafoetida.
- Once they begin to crackle, add chopped onion, 1/2 tsp of Chopped ginger garlic and half green chilli that is finely chopped.
- Once the onion turns brown, add chopped tomatoes and let this mixture cook for 5 mins.
- Add 1 tsp of Chilli powder, 1 tsp of coriander seeds, cumin seeds roasted powder, 1/4 tsp of turmeric,1/4 tsp of garam masala, 1/2 tsp of dry mango powder , 1 tsp of yogurt and salt.
- Once the oil starts oozing , it means that the masala is ready.
- Now, add the mashed egg plant and stir. Allow this mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with parathas or kulchas (Check my recent post for the recipe!)
Would love to hear how your dish turns out. For more information- follow my page on facebook : What’s my plate all about?