A visit to Mumbai is only complete once you’ve tried their famous roadside chutney sandwiches. It’s difficult not to get your once-in-a while cravings for this delicious snack- it’s so good, you can have it any time of the day!
A good chutney sandwich is incomplete without it’s spicy green chutney sidekick. So, first step is to prepare a good green chutney first!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Handful of coriander leaves/mint leaves
2. 5-6 small spicy chillies (Choose according to your spice level)
3. 1 lime juice
4. 1/2 tsp cumin powder
5. 1/2 chat masala
6. Black salt to taste
Grind the chutney ingredients until it has a smooth consistency. And voila, your spicy chutney is ready.
Here’s what you’ll need for the sandwiches:
1. 8-10slices white or brown bread- I personally prefer white bread.
2. 2 small to medium potatoes, boiled and thinly sliced
3. 2 medium cucumbers: thinly sliced
4. 1small to medium onion thin slices
5. 2 large red tomatoes thinly sliced
6. Soft butter (I prefer Amul)
7. Readymade sandwich masala
Slice off the bread crust and butter the bread. Next, spread the green chutney onto the slices. Place all the veggies (potato ,tomatoes, cucumbers, onions) on each slices one by one.
Sprinkle the sandwich masala on top of the veggies and the other bread slice. Join the sandwiches together, and cut them into triangles.
Serve sandwiches with tomato ketchup or other preferred condiments.