The most famous Indore style Bhutte ke Kees ka chaat.
Bhutta means “corn “and Kees means “grated”
I Made homemade Nachos and served Bhutte ka Kees on TOP.
Sweet,spicy dish taste amazing with crispy nachos. Apart from being delicious it’s also a healthy chaat.
- 3 Corn cobs
- 2 tbs Ghee
- 1/4 tsp of Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp of Fennel seeds
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp of Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp of grated Ginger
- 1 tsp of finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp of Sugar
- Handful of chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp of fresh grated Coconut
- Remove the husk and grate the corn kernels by using a (medium size hole) grater. Alternatively you can slice off the kernels with a knife and coarsely grind in a hand mixie.
- While grating you will find some corn milk in the mixture. Once done keep the grated paste aside.
Heat the heavy bottomed nonstick pan and add 2 Tbs of ghee, once its hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds when they start spluttering add pinch of asafoetida and chopped chillies and give a quick stir. Add grated ginger and turmeric and quickly add the grated corn kernel paste to it. Stir it well and mix nicely and let it cook on simmer for 8-10 mins. keep checking in between so that the corn mixture doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Remove the cover and add 1/2 cup of milk and stir nicely n cover it again and cook on simmer until the moisture evaporates and thickens the mixture. (approx.10-12 mins.)
- Meanwhile preapare the corn puris.
- For the corn puris dough take 1/2 cup of makai aata ( I used masa harina flour), 1 tsp plain flour(maida) ,1/4 tsp crushed (oregano herbs), salt to taste and pich of turmeric. Mix in the water a little at a time using your fingers to knead thedough until smooth and pliable. Roll out into big chapati and make small puris by using cookie cutter. Deep fry the puris and keep aside.
- Take a new corn and parboil for 2-3 mins in the water or just in the microwave and remove the kernals and saute with butter and little chilli powder . keep them aside.
- Now check the corn mixture by now its thicken n must have cooked enough. Add sauteed corn kernals to it and add lime juice to it.
- Once done remove the mixure and transfer it to the serving dish.
- Take a new flat dish place the fried puris(corn tacos) and top up with bhutte ka kees (corn mixture) garnish with corainder leaves, some fresh coconut on top and some nylon sev and pomogranate seeds n corn kernels.
- Most delicious , mouth watering, healthy butte ka kees ka chaat is redy to serve.